Research Interests :
Area of Interest: Reliability, software reliability, process control, interface between statistics and machine learning.
- Certified auditor for ISO 9000 quality system requirements
- Certified auditor for QS 9000 quality system requirements
Joined in the SQC & OR Division of Indian Statistical Institute in 1984 as a faculty and now working as a senior faculty in the same Division. Have experience of teaching, training and research for the last 35 years.
Membership of Professional bodies:
- Life member of Operational Research Society of India (ORSI)
- Life member of Indian Association for Productivity, Quality and Reliability (IAPQR)
- Served as an honorary member of the governing body of IAPQR and other organisations as well
- Serving as a member of the governing council of ORSI
- Life member of Indian Statistical Institute ( ISI)
- Serving as a member of the governing council of ISI
Teaching and Training
- Regular classes are taken for M.Tech ( QR OR) / M.Stat at ISI, Kolkata
- Invited classes are taken for M.Sc ( Nursing) students on Statistics at National Institute for Orthopedically Handicapped, Kolkata
- Classes on various topics have been taken for several workshops on Reliability, Six Sigma Green Belt, at different places like Kolkata, Agartala, Tezpur, Silchar, Pune, Bangalore etc.
- Classes on various topics have been taken for several training programmes on Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt, at different industries like ITC PSPD, Price Water House Coopers etc. at Kolkata, Tribeni, Hyderabad, Coimbatore etc.
Guidance has being provided to several candidates for Ph.D thesis. Presently the number of such students is 4.
Consultancy: Consultancy services have been provided to several organisations for the last 35 years. Some sample organisations in recent times where consultancy has been provided are:
- Price Water House Coopers Ltd.
- Admission Committee for Professional Courses, Gandhinagar, Government of Gujrat, as Principal Investigator
- Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai, Government of Maharashtra, as Principal Investigator
Academic and other administrative works for the last few years : As a responsible person I have carried out various administrative works that was offered to me. Some of the notable responsibilities that I have shouldered are:
- Head of the SQC & OR unit, Hyderabad
- Head of the SQC & OR Division, 2012-2014, 2018-20.
- Convener of the Ph.D – D.Sc Committee for the SQC & OR Division
- Chairman of the Research Fellow Advisory Committee for the SQC & OR Division
- Convener of the Research Fellow Advisory Committee for the SQC & OR Division
- Chairman of the selection committee for JRF for the SQC & OR Division
- Convener of the selection committee for JRF for the SQC & OR Division
- member of the selection committee for MS (QMS) being held at Bangalore and Hyderabad
- Chairman of several administrative committees
- Convener of several administrative committees
- Conducted ISIWO election for several years
Guidance for dissertation and projects for the last few years
- About 10 M. Tech ( QR OR) students have been provided guidance for their dissertation work in the final semester
- About 5 M. Tech ( QR OR) students have been provided guidance for their project work in the final semester
- About 30 projects in various plants of ITC, PSPD have been carried out under my overall supervision
- Two projects at Admission Committee for Professional Colleges, Gandhinagar, Government of Gujrat have been carried out under my overall supervision
- Two projects at Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai, Government of Maharashtra have been carried out under my overall supervision
Invited Talks and Seminars for the last few years: Several invited talks have been delivered at different universities and academic Institutions in the last few years. Some of the recent ones are:
- Department of Statistics, University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- Department of Statistics, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana
- Department of Statistics, SIES college of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
- Department of Operations Research, University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Department of Mathematics, NIT, Silchar
- S.P.Jain School of Global Management, Mumbai
Organising conferences for the last few years: I have played a leading role in organising the following international conferences:
- International Congress on Productivity, Quality, Reliability, Optimization and Modeling, New Delhi, 2011
- International Conference on Quality and Reliability Engineering, Bangalore, December 2011
- International Conference on Quality, Reliability and Operations Research, Mumbai, 2013
- International Conference on Advancing Frontiers in Operational Research: Towards a Sustainable World, December 2017